This creamy cold banana cake is so delicious! If you like banana desserts then this recipe is the real deal for you! It is very easy to make and you won’t need more than 15 minutes to prepare it. Here is the recipe:
- 1 basic pandispan / sponge cake base (round)
For the syrup:
- 2 tablespoons rum or banana liqueur
- 6 tablespoons banana juice or water
For the filling:
- 250 grams (1 cup) heavy cream
- 15 grams confectioners’ sugar
- 100 grams condensed milk
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 bananas, mashed
- A few drops yellow food color (optional)
- Banana slices (optional)
- Chocolate, melted (optional)
- Prepare the syrup, mixing the juice/water and rum/banana liqueur. Place the sponge cake base on a round serving plate and wet it with the syrup. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, blend or mash the bananas; set aside.
- Next, using an electric mixer, whisk the sugar and heavy cream until creamy. Then, pour the condensed milk, vanilla extract, a few drops of yellow food color (if using), and put the egg yolk. Beat until well incorporated. Add the mashed bananas and combine.
- Spread the batter on the base of the cake and place in the freezer for 6 hours – ideally overnight.
- Before serving, decorate with banana slices and drizzle melted chocolate (if desired).
Note: This cake is served straight from the freezer – it won’t be ice-cold, but creamy and semi-cold.