This creamy and beautiful dark chocolate tiramisu is so chocolatey and delicious! I am a fan of dark chocolate and tiramisu – and this magical combination is the real deal for me! Here is the recipe:
- 200 grams dark chocolate, melted
- 2 eggs, separated
- 55 grams confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 12 oz. (350 grams) mascarpone cheese
- 6 tablespoons chocolate milk (from a store or homemade – cocoa+milk)
- 125 ml/ 4 fl. oz. instant coffee, prepared
- Around 20-22 ladyfingers
- Cocoa powder, to dust
- chocolate shavings (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the sugar and egg yolks until creamy. Next, add the mascarpone cheese and combine. Set aside.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a microwave or over a double-boiler. Add in the mascarpone batter and mix until well incorporated.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg whites and apply into the mascarpone batter.
- In a small bowl, pour the chocolate milk and pour the coffee. Dip the ladyfingers into the chocolate and coffee mix to soften, and place ½ of the ladyfingers in the pan.
- Apply over a 1/3 of the mascarpone batter and top with a layer of the remaining dipped ladyfingers. Repeat the procedure. Cover and refrigerate for around 4 hours.
- Dust cocoa powder over the tiramisu cake and garnish with chocolate shavings (if desired). Slice and serve.