This easy chocolate and pistachio semifreddo are simply delicious! A nice chocolate-ice-cream flavor with a touch of nuts. You can have it any season! Semifreddo is one of my husband’s favorite Italian desserts and this version is totally his jam- because he is a fan of pistachios. Hope you like it, too! Here is the recipe:
- Butter (or olive oil), for greasing
- 275 grams (10 oz.) dark chocolate (75% +), plus extra for decorating
- 3 ½ oz. (100 grams) caster sugar
- 4 medium eggs
- seeds from one vanilla pod (or 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract)
- 18 fl oz. (500 ml) double cream
- 3 ½ oz. (100 grams) pistachio nuts, skinless
- Lightly grease loaf tin (21/4 lb or 1 kg) with butter or olive oil. Next, line it with 2 layers of cling film.
- Then, break the dark chocolate into small pieces and put in a bowl set over a pan of hot water. Heat until well melted, then set aside to cool for five minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the eggs and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat for 3-4 minutes until fluffy.
- Then, apply the chocolate into the egg mixture. Place the vanilla seeds/extract and cream in another bowl and beat until the mixture forms soft peaks.
- Apply the whipped cream in the chocolate mixture and after that, fold in the pistachios. Pour into the loaf tin and cover the cling film. Place in the freezer and leave for at least 5 hours (or preferably overnight).
- Remove the chocolate and pistachio semifreddo from the freezer around 10 minutes before serving to soften a bit. Run a knife around the inside edges of the loaf tin, peel back the top cling film, and turn it onto a serving plate or board. Remove the rest of the cling film, sprinkle some extra grated dark chocolate over the top, slice, and serve.