This fried ice-cream recipe is so easy, beautiful, rich, and creamy! It has a very special luxury taste and is very delicious! You can prepare it for the weekend and surprise your family and friends with a fried ice-cream ball and a cup of coffee or a glass of ice tea – amazing combination! Here is the recipe:
Servings 12 fried ice-cream balls
- 5-quart vanilla ice-cream (or other ice-cream of your choice)
- 2 cups corn flakes cereal
- 3 cups vanilla wafer cookies
- ½ cup pecans (or other nuts of your choice)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
To decorate: whipped cream, chocolate syrup, and/or a mint leaf (optional)
- Line a cupcake pan with plastic wrap.
- With a large ice-cream scoop, scoop out twelve balls vanilla ice cream. Place into the muffin tin. Cover with plastic wrap and put in the freezer until solid. (preferably overnight)
- In a blender/food processor, process corn flakes cereal, cookies, pecans, and vanilla sugar into fine crumbs. Place them in a bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs. Then, remove ice cream balls from freezer and dip each one into the crumb mix, after that roll into the eggs and then back into the crumb mix again.
- Apply breaded ice cream balls back into cupcake tin and put in the freezer for at least 1 hour so set.
- Then, heat oil to 400°F/200°C/Gas Mark 6, and fry them in a deep fryer for a few seconds or just until golden.
- Apply on a paper towel to drain for a few secs.
- Plate and decorate with chocolate syrup, whipped cream and/or a mint leaf (if desired).
- Serve immediately.