This Italian cake with Limoncello and mascarpone or Torta al Limoncello con Mascarpone is so soft, well-moist, fluffy and smells like heaven! You will need 20 minutes to prepare it plus 35-40 to cook. Here is the recipe:
- 3 eggs
- 180 grams’ sugar
- 150 ml vegetable oil
- 200 grams Mascarpone cheese
- 100 ml Limoncello liqueur
- 300 grams’ cake flour/Italian 00 Flour, sifted
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/ 350°F/Gas Mark 4. Grease and line with baking paper a 22 cm diameter mold. Set aside.
- In a bowl, add eggs and sugar and whisk with an electric mixer until creamy. Apply the mascarpone cheese and whisk to combine. Next, pour the oil and Limoncello and mix to incorporate.
- In a separate bowl combine the sifted flour and baking powder. Then, add it to the mascarpone mixture and beat until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the baking mold and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
You can replace the mascarpone with 200 g of ricotta – it will make the pie nevertheless soft but with less fat. The Limoncello cake is also a good base to make, perhaps with a delicious lemon cream or white chocolate.